Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blue Dragonflies

9 days to go until 5 months. I always seem to get bad as the date approaches, the week leading up to it, then often the day doesnt turn out to be as bad. I have learned that I really dont know how I am going to react at any given moment, and I just have to let it happen. I miss him like crazy, but I am moving forward, getting through each day even though some days I don't want to.  When I go to the cemetery, I usually pray. I cry. I talk to Jason.  The other day, when I was there talking to Jason, I saw one bright blue dragonfly among several brown dragonflies, right near the gravesite. That dragonfly gave me comfort and hope hovering right over the gravesite.  Comfort that I know he is always watching over us,  and hope that I can make the neccessary changes in my life that need to happen.  I read somewhere that dragonflies represent movement and change.  Exactly where I think I am headed in my life right now, and Jason is guiding me every step of the way.


We are on our last trip of this fabulous summer in San Francisco. I have not been here in a long time. It is really fun to be here, brings back a lot of childhood memories. Spending time with my aunt who lives right here in the city is wonderful too.  The girls have never been here, it has been exciting to see them enjoy the city.  Today we did alot of touristy things. We rode the cable cars, we went to Swensens ice cream, of course we had to do that and pay tribute to my ice cream grandma. I even got strawberry ice cream, just like I did when I was little. Then  we went down near Fishermans Wharf and  Ghirardelli Square,  had a picnic lunch near the water, and of course we bought some Ghirardelli chocolate. Then we went to China Town. The girls had fun looking in all the shops in China Town. Tomorrow is Karissa's golden birthday. She will be 17 on the 17th!  We are celebrating by going to lunch at a tearoom then having birthday cake later on tomorrow night.  Tomorrow we also  plan on going to the Golden Gate bridge, and then we will see where else the day takes us.

 Drangonflies.   Trips.   Birthdays.   What a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment